Thursday, 31 March 2016
It will mean a change in the way we pay for our moorings. Previously we have paid monthly, but, to now take advantage of the cheaper mooring fees, I say cheaper lightly as it will still be an increase on what we have previously and currently paid, we will now be paying six monthly or annually instead. We have yet to decide which but there isn't much difference in the two anyway. Paying monthly has always been a choice of convenience but it seems no more.
Now we are just left with discussions about the new rules and terms and conditions, not least working on ones own boat which under the new rules is now not allowed. We have already stated that if we take on a new mooring we will continue to work on our own boat so we will have to see how that goes down once our current mooring agreement runs out at the end of May.
Wednesday, 30 March 2016
Tuesday, 29 March 2016
Monday, 28 March 2016
Sunday, 27 March 2016
Saturday, 26 March 2016
Friday, 25 March 2016
Thursday, 24 March 2016
Up until now the moorings have been charged per length of boat, however from now the moorings will be charged per length of pontoon. Now there are only two sizes of pontoon in the marina, berths for up to 30ft and berths for up to 45ft. The result for those of us who have chosen smaller boats is a significant increase in annual mooring fees.So significant in fact that it has left us wondering if it is worth the additional cost.
So rather unexpectedly we are now actively looking for a new berth. But where to go?
We have up until now found Lincoln to be an ideal base for us with easy access to both inland waterways and the coast. We want to keep that ease of access to both types of cruising, remaining about a days cruise from the coast and with choice of inland routes, which is causing a bit of a headache and narrowing down our choices.
Any ideas guys? Do we stay local to Lincoln? Do we move further afield? Do we head to completely new pastures? Who knows?
Wednesday, 23 March 2016
Tuesday, 22 March 2016
Monday, 21 March 2016
Sunday, 20 March 2016
Saturday, 19 March 2016
We had a great evening out in Lincoln last night and now it is time to grab some breakfast and do a spot of shopping.
We are having a pheasant casserole evening tonight onboard a friends boat with everyone chipping in and fetching something to add to the meal.
Our offering is to be some pork pie and cheese. So a trip to the butcher in the market and the Cheese Society shop is in order after breakfast.
Friday, 18 March 2016
Here are a few shots to give you an idea of just how much cladding there has been to cut, fix and paint.
Thursday, 17 March 2016
Wednesday, 16 March 2016
Tuesday, 15 March 2016
Monday, 14 March 2016
Sunday, 13 March 2016
Saturday, 12 March 2016
We set out with all intentions of spending the whole weekend at home decorating. Well we have got some done, but looking out of the window at the spring sunshine had us pining for the water.
We are now on our way to Lincoln!
The section of wall between the ceiling and picture rail did get two coats of colour before we caved in.
Friday, 11 March 2016
As much as we really want to spend as much time as possible on Cal having just launched her for the year. Is it really worth heading across to Lincoln to spend the weekend trapped in the marina by the flood gates?
We have a handful of small tidying up jobs we can do on Naughty-Cal and we now have the remainder of the parts to finish off the full engine service, but that won't keep us busy all weekend.
So we have unhappily taken the decision that our time would be better spent at home decorating this weekend. The sooner we get it finished the better I suppose. Cal will still be there next weekend.
Thursday, 10 March 2016
Yesterday's rain has set the water levels rising and they have allowed as much of the excess water into the lakes as possible before shutting the flood gates to protect the properties on the marina.
The forecast is for dry weather for the next couple of days so hopefully they can sluice the water away and have the levels back to normal in their usual quick time.
On a brighter note, both Liam and I have felt well enough to venture to work today. We are still suffering slight effects from whatever illness struck us down but are now well enough or brave and foolish enough to venture more than a few metres from the loo!
Wednesday, 9 March 2016
It is day Two of being cooped up at home. What ever we have come down with is now showing some signs of going away. We both feel livelier and are both considering trying to eat something.
It would be nice to know what we have as we certainly don't want it again. It has been very nasty.