Tuesday 25 March 2014

Turkey Mince Casserole

This was just a little something I rustled up quickly for dinner last night. I didnt know at first what I was going to concoct with the contents of the fridge but this seemed to work quite well so I will certainly use it again.

It was a fairly simple dish to prepare and despite the name casserole it was a relatively quick dish to cook as well. I always think of casseroles as long winded dishes to cook but this took less than 20 minutes from start to finish.

So to make this one is simple, you fry an onion and some mushrooms along with your turkey mince in a large pan. Once the onions have softened and the turkey mince has browned add some gravy and mixed veg, I just used some frozen veg for this, it works just as well as fresh for dishes like this but costs a fraction of the price. 

Simmer the mixture for 10-15 minutes. 

Served here with new potatoes and Yorkshire puddings but would work equally well with mashed potato or root vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment