Friday 10 January 2014

Vegetable Pasta Bake

Ok so I am feeling slightly more human again, hopefully this time it will last as the last time I said this the virus came back and downed me yet again. Yesterday was my first day back at work this week and by last night I was knackered. You don't realise how much these viruses take out of you sometimes.

Anyway I managed to rustle up some nice comfort food before crashing on the sofa for the evening. Vegetable pasta bake, this is a very versatile dish as you can use pretty much any vegetables you have in the house.

For this one I fried chopped onion, chopped garlic, chilli, bell pepper and mushrooms until softened and then added a carton of passata before leaving to simmer for a few minutes. Next add a pan of part cooked pasta, we tend to use wholemeal, and toss together so that everything is well covered. Place in a large oven proof dish and cover with grated cheese. Here we used a reduced fat mature cheddar and bake in the oven for about thirty minutes at 180 degrees.

We served this simply with garlic bread. This dish is perfect comfort food if you feel a little down. Easy to prepare, easy to cook yet very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment