Friday 13 January 2012

Me Again

It’s me again. I have heard the crew talking about this year’s adventures, they sound so exciting I just had to let you all know about them.

The crew like to give me an easy trip for our first holiday of the year, to give me a chance to settle into the cruising routine again after the long winter break. I have heard them talking about going to Leeds at Easter. The cruise to Leeds they say will give them a chance to check that everything is in good working order with a sprint to Trent Falls to stretch my legs and blow away the winter cobwebs, before they drop my anchor for a few hours and have some lunch. Trent Falls isn’t as pretty as the last place we spent some time at anchor, we have only ever cruised straight through here, but if the weather is nice it should be pleasant enough and a quiet spot to waste away some time and wait for the tide. When the tide has turned and run in for an hour or so then we will head into Goole Docks. I have not been there before, but one of my friends, Chrisnico has, she says it is full of much bigger boats and we have to be careful not to get in their way. It sounds like fun to me. The cruise from Goole to Leeds is along a big canal with river sections along the way. We have been on part of this navigation before, I like it on there with the wide open spaces and deep water.

The second trip of the year will be the main one and the one that sounds the most exciting. The crew say that we are going the other way on the sea this year to Whitby and Scarborough. We have to go down the big, muddy Humber and then turn North onto the Yorkshire coast. I have not been that way on the coast before and neither have my crew. We only made it to Hull the last time we went that way due to the horrible weather and rough conditions on the river. I don’t know what to expect, but I do hope that the water isn’t so muddy and brown all the way there. I hate the muddy, brown splatters of the Humber on my shiny white hull. The crew say that they have been where we are going before, in their land boat, and that they liked it, so it can’t be that bad, I’m sure that I will enjoy it if they do and my buddies Devocean and Chrisnico are going as well so we should have great fun together again.

The crew say that we are going to Wells next the Sea again later in the year, I do hope we can. I like Wells with the clean air, salty water and pretty surroundings. I hope we can go and anchor up in the bay again. I like to sit at anchor with my nose to the wind, waves lapping against my hull and the crew having a great time with my mate Asbo and the seals on the beach. I always dream of that day last July when the weather is bad here at home. I want to go there again and spend the afternoon relaxing in the sunshine in the bay. We might be going to Wells on our own this year, this will be the first time me or the crew have been on the salty stuff on our own. I will have to look after us all and make sure we get there and back safely. The crew don’t seem worried though, they obviously trust me and I trust them as well.

They also say that we are going back to York this year. This will be the third time we have been there together. They must like it there and I do when we get there, but I don’t like the horrible muddy brown tidal River Ouse with its swirling water full of debris that we have to navigate through to get there. I have to pick my way carefully through the rubbish so that it doesn’t hit my bow or wrap around my fragile propellers. York is nice though and I like it when we moor in the city centre and people admire my shining white gel coat and my gleaming blue dashboard. I think the crew are posers really, they like the attention I seem to gather where ever we go and they enjoy sitting on my bow with a beer talking to the passersby. Hopefully the sun will shine again so that they can take my canopies off and I will look at my very best for them. There is also talk of beaching me at Nun Monkton Pool this year, beaching me on purpose, what ever next?

I have to go now, before the galley slave and second in command come back for their weekend break, the heating will be turning on soon to warm me through ready for their arrival. The temperature has certainly dropped for them. I hope that they will let me loose on here again sometime soon, I’m sure I will have some more news for you soon. Bye for now,

Naughty-Cal

No comments:

Post a Comment